Dec 31, 2005

thank you, 2005.

there's no easy way to describe in words the journey of the past year.

for sure, it began with feats after feats, glory after glory, all of which had brightened my days, and all of which had given promising signals to the year.

yet, when the year marred with series of unfortunate events that rival lemony snicket's right at the tip of the year, i couldn't help but taking a reflective retreat to spend my new year's eve this time around.

if my 2005 began with bright lights despite continuous natural disasters, then 2006 looks uncertain from here, not even a guiding light can reveal what's ahead.

wait. my guiding light is only a flickering light from my mobile. i've nothing left.

may yours be brighter, everyone :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nopal yg makin caem!
Tahun 2005 bener2 bikin hidup gw lebih bright. Dari awal ngeblog sampe sekarang (tar lagi setahun ku ngeblog nie).. gw krasa beda dr tahun2 sebelumnya. I love 2005, dan sekarang.. welcome 2006 ;)

Anonymous said...

happy new year val,
wish u all d best

-uli-

Papigiulio said...

Happy new year nauval, looking forward to read more of you in 2006. :)

dodY said...

hope yours be even brighter :)

Anonymous said...

Dear you, may you have a blessed and happy New Year, and please be optimistic that your guiding light is not only what comes from your mobile ... *isn't there always silverlines in every cloud ?*
How's da party by the way ?

famousfeline said...

Hey you!

Happy happy happy new year.

You know, many of the best things are uncertain and unknown.

So, who knows?

Nauval Yazid said...

GOLDA,
tetep ngeblog selalu, awas kalo pindah2 domain lagi :)

ULI,
thank you, dear. the same goes to you, too :)

PAPI,
another year, more Asian films to come, eh?! :)

DODY,
so is yours.

Nauval Yazid said...

SILVERLINES,
you know what?
literally i saw a few silver lines on a cloudy sky during the trip to my hometown last month! talk about finding it for real, and that's freaking me out, a little, before feeling relieved for such a wonderful experience unlikely to happen again, not in near future, at least :)

my new year's eve was spent with friends walking through the banks of singapore river, watching people passing by, and ended up having breakfast at 5 am in holland village, near my house.

how's yours?

Nauval Yazid said...

KITTYCAT,
thus best things are best kept secret, and an arian here loves surprises :)

Anonymous said...

The new year was spectacular ! Quite a pleasant surprise and journey, I've put it in my blog ;)
Detailed limited reader only.

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.