Jan 12, 2005

Skylark

Thank you, Ve!

For finally I can't help but being succumbed to one of your indulgences in writing one whole songlyric as a main posting.
But then, every song has its own emotional correspondence to whomever give their utmost in absorbing the core of the song's soul.
To me, the song presented below strikes my nerves greatly as it gave a much-needed companion the air of my ... ecstasy.
Of course, Johnny Mercer and his words contribute fine examples in defining the arts of frankness and blatant melancholy composed in melodious harmony.
(And how songs these days fail in meeting up the standard! Eko my walking music-encyclopedia,I'm sure that you jump out in joy when you read this!)

To you my dear readers, this song may be a mere nothing like a particle of dust in the air.
To me my dear readers, this song may be a mere song, had it not been listened last night, when the wind cried its humdrum voice over the breeze.

Ladies and Gentlemen, from the motion picture soundtrack of Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil, here's k.d. lang belting out her rendition of Skylark.

Skylark, have you anything to say to me?
Won't you tell me where my love can be?
Is there a meadow in the mist
Where someone's waiting to be kissed?

Skylark, have you seen a valley green with spring
Where my heart can go a journeying
Over the shadows and the rain
To a blossom covered lane?

And in your lonely flight
Haven't you heard the music in the night,
Wonderful music,
Faint as a will o' the wisp, crazy as a loon,
Sad as a gypsy serenading the moon.

Oh, skylark, I don't know if you can find these things
But my heart is riding on your wings
So if you see them anywhere
Won't you lead me there?

Oh, skylark, I don't know if you can find these things
But my heart is riding on your wings
So if you see them anywhere
Won't you lead me there?

(antara tangga-tangga depan rumah auntie kaypoh,
antara 10 dan 11,
antara tengah malam dan jelang pagi,
antara chicken rice dan Woody Allen,
antara nama kantor berita Indonesia bukan sih?)

-- to you, T. --

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

some rubbish to note down:

"I am a man who will fight for your honor / I'll be the hero you've been dreaming of ...."
(Glory of Love)

"To me it's waking up beside you,
to watch the sunrise on your face,
to know that I can say 'I love you',
in any given time or place."
(Flying Without Wings)

"I don't know, but I believe
that some things are meant to be ..."
(Everyday I Love You)

but then again ... sometimes even the corniest lines feel so true ...! aaah ... being tacky is not a sin, huh???

-ve-

Anonymous said...

o my god dear, i hope it's not the upcoming visit that make you a bit blue. in deed, songs in the old days are hard to compare. hope you're alright.

Nauval Yazid said...

Eko,
Hahahahaha! Finally I give some sneak peek of what your next posting is gonna be! Nulis napa ih! :D

Ve,
Oh - My - God!
Guess one has to endure listening to the list of Ve's Corniest Songs/Lines throughout the entire duration of the relationship, eh? Be it then! ;)

Anonymous nih kayanya si Rio,
tapi kalo bukan,
aduh sapa sih?!

Postingan gue blue? Ga tuh, kuning! *gubrak!*
Justru I look forward to the upcoming visit lho! Kalo yang current visit sih emang yang bikin gue susah tidur ... :)

ben said...

Aduh lagu itu.......
Sempet nemenin gue malem2 sendirian di kamar :p

Tapi gue masih kebawa soundtrack-nya Chungking Express :
It's not everyday we're gonna be the same way....
yang mengalun sepanjang sesi I pelem ini .
Kebayang deh si Takeshi Kaneshiro yang lagi patah hati, makan 30 kaleng nanas yang udah expire
hiks....

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.