Apr 10, 2005

A Prayer.

I remember,
Once I uttered a prayer
For one wish.

I remember,
The prayer kept being uttered
For one wish that never got fulfilled.

I don't remember exactly,
How the prayer went.
Was it a chant?

You may not be an angel / 'Cause angels are so few / But until that day comes along / I'll string along with you.
I'm looking for an angel / To sing my love song to / And until the day that one comes along / I'll sing my song to you.


I don't remember at all,
That I prayed differently.
Maybe.

For God receives billions of prayers every ticking of seconds,
The way I do.
The way I beg.
The way I order.
The Creator of my existence whom I curse
For loopholing one twenty-four stretch.

And whatever happened to the prayer?

For every little fault that you have / See I've got three or four / That human little faults you do have / Just make me love you more.

Now I remember,
I prayed for someone to be.
Not for something to happen.

And whatever it is,
How numb I've become in the past few days,
My conscience is still at its fullest form.

That this year,
For the first time,
The prayer is fulfilled.

You may not be an angel / But still I'm sure you'll do / So until the day that one comes along / I'll string along with you.

happy birthday, twinnie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(excerpts from Diana Krall's "I String Along With You", taken from her album "When I Look In Your Eyes")
(thanks to
only-Google-knows-what-kind-of-website-this-is for the image, horrendous it may be but apt enough to fit in here)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear,

what a pinkie cake:D.

happy birthday and have a great one.

rio

dodY said...

selamat birthday dan happy ultah ya, pak! have a funtastic and hardrocking birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nauval... moga2 tetap sehat, tambah bahagia, murah rejeki (termasuk murah membagikan rejeki:D), dan sukses dg cita-citanya (love, work and life)
doel

Nauval Yazid said...

Rio,
my actual birthday cake turns to be creamy white, as white as your pants! :D
thank you dear, your sms was the first sms i received on my birthday's eve.

Dody,
your blog entry was fabulous, dear! love it and love it! mucho gracias ...

Doel,
membagikan rejeki kepada yang membutuhkan emang dah kewajiban, nah apakah Doel butuhnya dari saya? :D
makasih buat doa dan harapannya Doel, moga-moga emang kecapai.

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.