Mar 13, 2006

lamenting (whose?) lush love life.

In this city, heartbreaks happen in every ticking of a clock.

Heartbreaks from settling debts of your car.
Heartbreaks from missing your bus to work.
Heartbreaks from watching a crippled beggar crossing a busy road.
Heartbreaks from not being able to say tender words to your loved ones.
Heartbreaks from realizing your foolishness in misguiding another clueless taxi drivers.
Heartbreaks from knowing that this will not be the only heartbreak you likely encounter.

As I sat on a bus from my sibling’s house in a suburban area officially put in a map as a city in another province to the heart of this chaotic city, I couldn’t help thinking while randomly looking at some passengers who drew certain expressive lines in their faces, mostly covered by thick particle of dust. These people have gone through every single painful heartbreak prior to hopping on this fated bus, yet they silently chose to seat themselves in the broken couches, and marched on with their lives.
An old saying of “life goes on” is the only saying they wholeheartedly apply in facing the toughness of their lives, thus another heartbreak of mine is considered a small, if not nothing, feast they can laugh at.

Maybe it is not even a heartbreak when it comes to a matter of hearts, and make that two of hearts.

A heart belongs to me, and another is twinnie’s.

My relationship with twinnie has been going on for a little more than a year by now, and the fact that I am living in the same city with him has opened a new chapter in my life, i.e. I finally embark in a short-distance relationship.
Being spoiled with a long-distance one, the adjustment has never been easy so far, with a few patches here and there that often almost bogged down the relationship itself.

Worse, being infamously, and some despise as notoriously, known with the reputation of twink-hunter who likes to cruise for young boys in many strategic places, at many times the intolerance took its toll upon me, leaving me feeling depressed and repressed, be them sexually or mentally, while I couldn’t bring the matters up to him.

Early diagnostic of my well-being would be easily concluded as that I am not mentally healthy. I am not raising any objections to the idea, while I still arrogantly keep my defense, a hapless one, by saying that: “I’m fine!”.

Right now, I’d like to keep that statement though.

Why?

Because I addictively love him.

Yes, the meandering activity goes on, the words have been off to the dust, the nights have gone to become meaningless passing of time, but sometimes, despite the heartbreaks, your heart inexplicably tells you to believe.

And I believe in him. And me.

Now, now. The heartbreak and its potential comeuppance really lead to having the fingers playing along in writing such a subjective entry, don’t they?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a lil sentimental, yes. are you in jakarta now? or did i miss anything.

there's nothing like a heartbreak to make one more humble... that is supposed to be a good thing.

alcohol is bad. that's the other thing that makes one more humble :-)

good luck with jakarta anyway.

famousfeline said...

Darling, I don't think I am shocked by this entry. I mean, yes, it is different than the other entries about movies (yawn). And to me, IMHO, your posts on movies are even more subjective than this one.

Ah, insecurity is a crappy thing. And imperfect people are easily haunted by that. I am very imperfect (physically, psychically, intellectually, and whatever's coming that way), therefore I can relate with what you've typed.

Yes, heartbreaks. This is the time when you can either play casual with the Twink-Hunter or play possessive and shower him with attention just to retain more attention from him.

Ignorance may be a bliss. But knowledge is eternal orgasm. So, knowing his flaws, can only lead you to two things: hating him or loving him.

From what I'm reading, you're still somewhere in the loving-him continuum. Hopefully.

Addiction is not good, though. Never lose yourself while loving someone else. Because in the end, it's you whom you'll have forever.

Unless of course, that other person (or animal or plant or whatever) has become one with you. Has he become one with you?

If he has, (my other heart is with twinnie, does he feel the same?) then your relationship is saved.

If not...

Well, love is harder to predict than the Golden Globe or the Academy Award.

My God, I'm blogging in your blog. Sorry for the long comment. Should've sent it to your e-mail instead.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, why oh why this sounds so familiar ?
Now I will just wait for another corny, mushy postings one after another. ;-)
And I guess, we owe each other another six hours cuppa. Set the date, not this week though.

Nauval Yazid said...

TREESPOTTER,
alcohol does not leave me being humble.
it leaves me being ... stoned.
and that's exactly what i need to get carried away in this chaotic city, thanks for the encouragement :)

SILVERLINES,
won't we run out of words to blurt to each other then? :)

Nauval Yazid said...

FAMOUSFELINE,
my dear kind-hearted soul,
what we find hard to accept is the fact that in the end, we are still alone, all by ourselves, despite having a relationship.
he will surely be gone in many unexpected ways, and no matter how strong i hold him tight, i'll still be alone.
yet, what i wish to hold on to now is to stop this silent fatigue i've been carrying with me, without him ever knowing.
ah well,
so much suffering for the one you love.
i thought i'm being thoughtful all this time.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we will run out of words, my dear. You and your mushy posting will do us fine ;-)

Nauval Yazid said...

SILVERLINES,
it's your call, so behold of any surprises ahead :)

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.