Jan 9, 2006

this is my statement,

as represented by the song below, and very well said, indeed!

everyone tells me to know my place
but that ain't the way i play
so why am i daring to show my face
well, i've got something to say ...

move over sun, and give me some skies
i've got me some wings i'm eager to try
i may be unknown
but wait till i've flown

you're gonna hear from me

make me some room, you people out there
on top of the world,
i'll meet you, i swear
i'm staking my claim, remember my name

you're gonna hear from me

fortune smiled, on the road before me
and i'm a fortune's child
now listen, world
you can't ignore me

toss me the moon, 'cause i've gotta shine
i'm climbing a cloud, and call it mine
you'll pardon my haste, i've no time to waste
that's how it's gonna be, you'll see

'cause you're gonna hear from me

i've got a song that longs to be played
raise up my flag, begin my parade
my comet's on fire, i've got to go higher
watch the world over, start coming up, clover!
that's how it's gonna be, you'll see ...

yes!

you're gonna hear from me!


i've seen myself weighing

- and that ends singapore's rare 24-hour continuous rain. no parties to celebrate, no jovial greetings to send one away. for i'll be back. -

(image courtesy of this)

4 comments:

famousfeline said...

Sounds a lot like "Buenos Aires" (from Andrew Lloyd Weber's "Evita") to me.

Yes, we will all get our big fat chances one day. (I hope my day comes with a tiara and a wand and a chance to travel the world... Yes! I'm going to enroll in a beauty pageant! *giggling maniacally*)

A 24-hour rain? My God... We once had a non-stop 5 hour rain and Jakarta was completely jammed. I used to take five minutes driving from home to get to Sarinah. That day it took me 45 minutes halfway to Sarinah before changing my mind and going back home.

Anyway, two more days, two more days...

dodY said...

terbang lah ke angkasa dan raihlah bintang, Val (duh, kok kayak soundtrack-nya KDI yah?) hehehe...

Anonymous said...

24 jam hujan terus masih perlu disyukuri kalau tidak ada banjir...dan lebih baik dibandingkan panas dan dingin berganti2 dalam summer yang tidak menentu seperti di sini :)
doel

Nauval Yazid said...

KITTYCAT,
a beauty pageant, eh?! that triple B criteria without ever mentioning about Boobs, Bitches, and Brain-dead? :D
and what's in two days?

DODY,
idih! :D

DOEL,
untungnya Singapore adalah negara yang aman, terencana, dan terkendali ;)

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.