Nov 14, 2005

let me sing ...

-- the final scene of barbra streisand standing under the spotlight in funny girl belting out the words as follows,

"oh my man i love him so
he'll never know

all my life is just a spare
but i don't care

when he takes me in his arms
the world is bright
alright

what's the difference if i say
i'll go away

when i know i'll come back
on my knee someday

for whatever my man is
i am his
forever
more ..."


feels like life itself, achingly true --


(barbra streisand - my man - ost. funny girl - 1968)

4 comments:

guario said...

Hmmm ... a rather melancholic nihilistic approach of things when 'no matter what' is part of the deal. Perhaps you need to make boundaries, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. A safety net that will catch you in case you fall, and fall you will, it can't be helped. At least, the damage would be minimized.

Mel said...

been there done that.
agree with everything Rio said btw..
see you tomorrow, Pal..
I could use some hug too :)

famousfeline said...

Never into Streisand (does that mean I'm not gay?? Nooo!!!)

The song does sound a bit like blind devotion, doesn't it?

But then again, there's nothing to be sure of nowadays.

Nauval Yazid said...

rio,
the boundaries need to be set by both parties while agreeing to walk the fine lines within the frame.
oh dear, i am so looking forward to the moment!

calamity jane,
now now, we've gotta hug pretty soon! :)

kittycat,
let's just say that your being gay is not in its full existence yet! :D
nothing to be sure whether some things are worth being ensured of :)

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.