Dec 28, 2009

No Year-End Review ... not in a newspaper, at least.



Traditionally, as a few of you may have noticed, I write about year-end review of Indonesian film in The Jakarta Post.
At least I have done that for the past three years in a row: 2006, 2007, 2008.

Little did I realize that we actually were on the end of the first decade of a new millennium (still baffled me: shouldn't it end at the end of 2010?), thus the angle for the usual year-end review article would be changed to something like "a decade in review". 

Next, I submitted my write-up.
 
I thought the spot had been reserved, yet the editor had assigned the paper's full-time journalist to do the same. I was completely unaware of this.
 
My submission was rejected immediately.
 
Not wanting to leave it to a waste, I decided to put it here.

Some of you may be able to tell that this is not my personal writing style. Pretty much it has been suited to cater the paper's needs, as what I have usually done. 

Alas, too bad that it would go to waste without being read to any concerned beings.
I will upload the article once I finish collecting all the necessary images.

In the meantime, season's greetings for everyone!

(UPDATE: Check the full article here.)



No comments:

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.