Jul 1, 2006

a miraculous relief.

just when we thought that we had to surrender our friends, our lovers, our parents, our brothers, our sisters, being succumbed to a mindless game of twenty-two guys chasing one balls and throw it away.

just when we thought that the loud of cheers and jeers from overcrowded cafes start irking us most.

just when we thought we had it all.

here's something to consider:

a cab driver did not have any idea how the match of england vs. portugal went on.

in other words, and as proven with a glee on his face, he did not follow that particular football event i didn't even bother to mention the name!

thank you so much. you made my lonely day and night altogether. thank you.

ps: in case you read this and wondered why i didn't give you a big tip, well, didn't you see how the traffic was like?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, how I love the game where England lost from Portugal ...
Well, I hate the penalty kicks solution, but .. oops.
Sorry, I guess I got carried away. You really should join the crowd, or our crowd :D

Nauval Yazid said...

SILVERLINES,
how you'll do anything just to see England, or rather, English, got beaten! hahaha :D
oh honey, please give it up. i won't convert myself to become a soccer fan!

Anonymous said...

Not really, I still adore the way .. errr, let's not go into detail about this shall we?
But they didn't really play good at the World Cup anyway and that's the sole reason though.

famousfeline said...

You know, I hate soccer as much as you do, but some of them are really cute.

It's amazing to see how the world of football suddently became a glamorous thing after an invasion of one diva that is Victoria Beckham (was: Adams).

What a woman.

My Profile

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
A film festival manager. A writer. An avid moviegoer. An editor. An aspiring culinary fan. A man.